We understand that when equipment fails it is important to get it up and running as quickly as possible that’s why we take warranty issues very seriously and deal with claims urgently.
As a first stage, we will discuss issues over the phone, attempting to fault find the issue to find a solution. If an engineer is required to attend the site and labour warranty is inclusive, we will manage the repair from start to finish. With parts only warranty, we can discuss with your engineer and replace the part (if required) ASAP.
Report equipment faults by phone. Call us on 02871 312 311 during normal business hours. Alternatively, email email@example.com
You will need the following information:
- Invoice number
- Model & Serial Number
- Description of the fault
- Site Address, contact name & number
- Name and Number of Installation/Service Engineer
We process all warranty claims as quickly and as fairly as possible, our sole aim is to retain happy returning customers.
Warranty Exclusions may apply see full terms and conditions
Warranty Options Explained
- Equipment is guaranteed by the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty and as purchased.
- Items can be purchased in the following terms;
One Year Parts Only Warranty
Two Years Parts Only Warranty
One Year Parts & Labour Warranty
Two Years Parts & Labour Warranty
Two Years Parts & One Year Labour Warranty
- Manufacturer’s warranty does vary, please discuss with us before purchasing to ensure you have the warranty terms which suits your needs.
Parts Only Warranty Explained
- Equipment purchased as parts warranty only means we provide a replacement part (if required) in case of breakdown we do not cover the engineers call out or time (labour) Manufacturers require faulty parts be returned prior to the despatch of the replacement, so the engineer who diagnoses the faulty part should also remove it to be sent back.
Parts & Labour Warranty Explained
- Equipment purchased with parts & labour warranty means we provide the replacement part (if required) and also the engineers cost of call out and time for fitting that part.
- If an engineer is required to attend site this will normally be between 1 to 3 working days.
- This warranty applies to customers based in both Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland.
- All equipment will be repaired on site during normal business hours (8.30am – 17.00pm Monday to Friday)